“A voice of one calling in the desert, ‘Prepare the way for the Lord, make straight paths for him’ “ (Matthew 3:3)
Welcome & Prayer
Reading: Matthew 6 : 25-34
Give Thanks: A time to give thanks for all that has been happening in our churches since the last time we met before Christmas
Praying for our churches
- For our Team Vicars – Mike, Alison and Becca also for Corin and all who preside over our services
- For the members of the PCC in each church
- For all who serve and offer their gifts in many different ways
- Pray for the vision for a new church and community hall behind St Mary’s Hardwick. For the planning application and costing processes just beginning on a creative set of plans, for effective local and grant based funding, for the enthusiasm and energy of the teams working on this project and the wider church community.
- Pippin’s Coffee & Company – Hardwick 7 Feb
Praying for the consultation process in the Diocese
- Where to put our resources as a diocese
- Praying to be generous and visible people of Jesus Christ
Praying for the Middle East and other Nations of the world in crisis
(Lighting candles and praying silently)
Praying for future Lordsbridge Team of churches events
- School of Theology – starting 25 January
- Sacred Space – 8 Feb
- Mission Project: For greater awareness and understanding of mission across the churches of the Team, for more individuals called and ready to become part of a small network of ‘missioners’, for wisdom and discernment about where to focus our energy and resources in reaching people and making new disciples.
- Illumin8 – For Emma our Youth leader
- Youth Worship on 1 Feb. also for Youth Weekend 27 Feb – 1 March
- Lent As we approach the season of Lent – pray for the Study Groups – for those who lead and those who will attend.
Lord God, in your love you sent your Son
In your grace you called us back to you.
In your mission you placed us where we are
And formed us into a team
Call us onward into your purposes and growth
Through Jesus Christ out Lord. Amen