Operation Christmas Child is the world’s largest children’s Christmas project – sending gift-filled shoeboxes to children in need around the world since 1990.
Right now, thousands of churchgoers across the UK are busy wrapping, packing and filling shoeboxes with great little gifts for children in need overseas.
The children receiving shoeboxes will not only encounter God’s love through the gift they receive – many will also have the chance to attend a follow-up programme run by the local church, where they can find out more about Jesus and have the chance to accept Him into their lives.now, thousands of churchgoers across the UK are busy wrapping, packing and filling shoeboxes with great little gifts for children in need overseas.
The deadline for receiving shoeboxes is November 18th. Doing a shoebox is as easy as 1-2-3:
Get hold of an empty shoebox, wrapping paper and little gifts – and make-up your shoebox, including the boy/girl label on the lid.
- Visit www.operationchristmaschild.org.uk to make your £2.50 shipping donation online
- Take your shoebox to church, where it will be collected on November 4 (Coton and Hardwick) or November 18 (Dry Drayton).
That’s your shoebox taken care, but that isn’t the end!
- You can take a photo of yourself and your shoebox and upload it onto the giant mosaic.
- You can watch a live webcast of shoeboxes being distributed to children in early December.
- You can look out for your Thank You email with details of which country your shoebox was sent to.
To find out more about these opportunities – and to read inspiring stories of children receiving shoeboxes – please www.operationchristmaschild.org.uk.